History of the College
HAMZAINAB College of Education is a top ranking private College of Education in Nigeria and indeed the nation’s pride. This institution was founded in 2017 by a renowned Islamic Scholar and educationist Alh. Abdul Ganiyu Hamzat as a college of education. The Proprietor’s interest in providing the best for his immediate community, the state and Nigeria as a whole, and the love for impacting knowledge and education services in general, prompted him to propose for the establishment of College of Education in the year 2016 at km 7, Ilesha Road, Temidire Estate, Osogbo which came into reality in year 2017.
The proprietor had initially established Nursery, Primary and Secondary Schools. These Schools have been successfully operated and produced graduates who have become successful professionals in different careers and other areas of human endeavour.
The College formally commenced it’s educational service and started admitting students in the year 2017/2018 academic session and since inception, it has grown to accommodate a lot more courses and disciplines.
Vission and Mission
The College of Education conducts its programs and activities guided by overarching Vision, Mission, Goals, Values, Beliefs statements. All are revisited periodically and revised, if appropriate.
The College of Education will be a world leader in the integration of (a) teaching and learning, (b) advancement of the knowledge base through research and scholarship, and (c) leadership in service and outreach. Further, the College will be a world leader in preparing professionals who provide leadership and exemplary educational and related services to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and complex global society.
The mission of the Hamzainab College of Education is to deepen and extend knowledge about the formation and utilization of human capabilities.
- Help to prepare educational professionals recognized for the quality and significance of their teaching, research, scholarship, service, outreach, and leadership.
- Provide widely recognized leadership in the improvement of teaching, learning, and the assessment of educational outcomes across the life span through research, scholarship, and technology.
- Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff, and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice, and democratic citizenship.
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional relationships with schools, organizations, and other institutions focused on the improvement of education in schools, communities, and workplace settings.
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the College.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the College.
- academic excellence and integrity
- outstanding teaching and service
- scholarly research and professional leadership
- integration of teaching, research, and service
- individual and collective excellence
- diversity, equity, and social justice
- education of individuals across the life span
- collegiality and collaboration
- A literate and educated citizenry is vital to a democratic society.
- All people are entitled to a high-quality education, grounded in sensitivity to individual dignity, professional integrity, and a positive and nurturing environment.
- A dynamic education system fosters an equitable, productive economy in a global environment.
- Teaching and learning should be informed by scholarly research and effective practice.
- School improvement should be based on sound research, the application of theory as it relates to effective practice, policy development, and collaboration with practitioners.
- Technology should be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning, research and scholarship, and outreach to the state, nation, and the world.
- Interdisciplinary programs should be used to enhance human learning, growth, and development across the life span.