The School is the largest School and it comprises six departments, namely: Department of Biology, Department of Chemistry, Department of Computer Science, Department of Integrated Science, Department of Mathematics, and Department of Physics.
Students are exposed to the scientific principles and techniques during classroom teaching, practical exercises and field trips as means of demonstrating academic and professional excellence in teaching science.
Philosophy of the School
The philosophy of the School is to:
- produce competent, professional and effective teachers of science education who will be able to develop in students an appreciation and understanding of Mathematics and Science.
- impart the intrinsic values as well as the utility values of Mathematics and Science in all spheres of human activities.
- develop in the students the ability to formulate problems, identify variables and design experiments, interpret results, recognize patterns, generate hypothesis, draw conclusions and develop theoretical models.
- develop academic and professional competency which will enable individual earn a living.
- help students become intellectually informed in Mathematical ideas, notations and skills for logical reasoning.
To realise the stated philosophy above, the School has the following objectives:
(i) to equip the students to be able to demonstrate practical skills in handling scientific apparatus.
(ii) to equip the student to be able to demonstrate excellence and professional competence in the teaching of Mathematics and Science subjects.
(iii) to develop an individual who will make a successful carrier in Mathematics and Science teaching.